Luxury Trip to Machu Picchu at Hiram Bingham Train
In Cusco, the train takes on a special meaning. Is not only a transportation way, its the connection between modern society and Inca civilization.
Think about it! If you are planning a tour to Machu Picchu – and not using the Inca Trail – the only way to get there is on by train. What better to do it in a service whose elegance is in the small details. The Hiram Bingham Train service is a luxurious and exclusive train on the route from Cusco to Machu Picchu with all services included
Here you will live a day full of emotions that will remain in your memories for a lifetime. Would you like to travel in pullman wagons through the Peruvian Andes designed in the style of the twenties? We can make your dreams come true, decide on our Tour to Machu Picchu aboard the Hiram Bingham. You will depart from the Poroy Station. Upon arrival, you will be greeted by a local artistic group that performs between songs and dances the Sonqowan Chilliqcha, which means ‘I receive you with the heart’ in Quechua.
After such a welcome, we proceed to make a thank you to the Pachamama (Mother Earth). Some outsiders record the ceremony with their cell phones. Others, who have already made their prayers, are beginning to board the train. You will enjoy brunch and an excellent selection of national wines on the company of live musical entertainment on board.
Luxury and Confort During this Journey
In addition, on your Tour to Machu Picchu aboard the Hiram Bigham you will have the opportunity to enjoy the different car wagons of this exclusive train: the bar car, perfect place to enjoy a cocktail accompanied by live Peruvian music. Restaurant car, where the tables are finely decorated with glasses and polished cutlery. And the observatory car, which is furnished with comfortable seats, being the perfect place to delight in the wonderful route and observe the beautiful Peruvian landscape in at outdoor environment. You will enjoy live music from a musical trio whom plays the entire journey between 150 and 200 songs in Spanish, English, Portuguese, Japanese, Italian and Russian. There is no passenger who is unwilling to join the party on board.
The train has cars brought from Singapore in 2000, are covered with drawings and strokes by the artist Fito Espinosa, decorated in the style of the Pullman cars of the twenties, each has large and comfortable armchairs in polished wood and bronze, with a capacity of 84 passengers. The infrastructure has large windows, comfortable fabric seats, sofas, wooden fiber tables, air conditioning, stereo sound and more.
Full Day Service To Machu Picchu at the Hiram Bingham Train Includes:
- Transfer from Cusco’s Hotel to Poroy Train Station.
- Two-way train on Hiram Bingham Train from Poroy to Aguas Calientes.
- Belmond Hiram Bingham travel bag
- Lunch and dinner All non-alcoholic beverages and hot drinks. White and red wine (Argentine and Chilean), sparkling wine (Peruvian and Tacama) and Cusqueña beer and Pisco Sours.
- Welcome show with typical dances of the region
- Observatory car to enjoy the landscapes of the route
- Live music show
- Climbing bus to the citadel of Machu Picchu
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu Citadel
- Guided tour in the citadel of Machu Picchu in English or Spanish
- A post showing Kamari jewelry, with unique pieces designed for the train, such as coasters, key keys, credit card wallets, feepers to hold banknotes and cufflinks.
- Tea time buffet at the Belmond Sanctuary Lodge Hotel
- Return bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes.
- VIP Lounge at Machu Picchu Station.
- Gourmet Dinner on board.
- Transfer from Poroy station to hotel in Cusco.
- Prices are per person and per route and include general sales tax.
- Thetraveler’s passport details are required (full name and passport number). Please provide your passport information in the additional box, otherwise the tour will not be confirmed.
- modifications are accepted on the date of travel up to 16 days before the scheduled date
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not suitable for travelers with heart conditions or other serious medical problems
- The guided tour lasts approximately 2.5 hours. Afterwards, you’ll have free time to explore the ruins of Machu Picchu on your own
- Consider that the payment of the General Sales Tax (IGV) is mandatory under Peruvian law, the exemption from this tax applies only to accommodation expenses in Belmond hotels, all other goods and services if they apply to the tax.
- Prices in US Dollars and Suns.
- Infants aged 0-2 do not pay for a ticket and will occupy the parents’ seat, unless they want a seat for them, in which case the cost will be 50% off the purchase of tickets.
- Children 3-11 years old are subject to a 50% discount on ticket purchases.
- Any modification must be requested with a period not less than 24 hours before the departure time of the train and will be subject to availability of spaces.
- Baggage allowed must not exceed 05 kg/11 pounds per passenger.
- Subject to space availability
- Lunch money, snacks and souvenirs
- Travellers must have an average physical condition
- Returns can only be made within 24 hours of departure time.
- The citadel of Machu Picchu is located in the jungle eyebrow, for this reason, we recommend that you both during the trip and in the citadel use blocker, hat or cap, sunglasses and repellent.
- Comfortable shoes or sneakers
- Bring raincoat or poncho A fleece liner or jacket,
- Due to a new regulation for entry to the Machu Picchu citadel, please note that from July 1, 2017, tickets will have two hours:06:30 am to 12:00 pm. From 12:00 pm until 05:30 pm. Tickets may only be used once in the day within the chosen time.
- Not wheelchair accessible